Sunday, June 23, 2019

The Cozy Princess Reviews: Toy Story 4 (SPOILERS)

Okay guys... I'm going to be as fair as possible with my Toy Story 4 Review... I can't say I didn't enjoy it because honestly it is a really good movie... it looked beautiful, it was really funny and I loved all the new characters... I just did not love the ending of it. I'm going to spoil this movie right after this sentence so... I recommend go seeing it- so go see it then come back and read the rest of the review...

I am having a hard time accepting the ending of this movie and mainly 2 things: A) Woody left Buzz and all the other toys B) Bonnie really didn't care about Woody all that much.

I can kind of understand Woody not being Bonnie's favorite toy. She's a little girl- she's more interested in Jessie. Plus Woody is a secondhand toy- Bonnie had already had a lot of toys before Andy gave her Woody. Woody got that he wasn't Bonnie's favorite... but he still really cared about Bonnie- but he had to move on so he stayed with Bo Peep instead of going back with Bonnie... so he moved on... I can get that.

And I can understand why these things happened... it makes sense... It's just not as good a way to end it as Toy Story 3 was.

Other than those critiques... which are pretty big- this movie is pretty great overall! It is such a funny movie! The new characters were all pretty funny. Forky, Ducky and Bunny all super super funny. They really made great additions to the franchise. They could have definitely made Forky a more emotional character like Bing Bong- but I'm glad they just kept him as a funny character... it made it a nice, lighthearted movie... which is nice.

I also like that there wasn't really a villain. I thought Lotso was too much of a bad guy in Toy Story 3 and it just made me want a break from the VERY EVIL villains. Gabby Gabby was a nice toy that really just wanted a kid. It really made Woody a more valiant hero that he helped her.

It was nice to see how well Woody and Bo worked together at the beginning of the movie with Operation Pull Toy. It was nice to see them together again after not having Bo Peep in a movie- and we see how much Woody loves her. He has a selfish moment where he thinks about leaving Andy and going with Bo Peep... and it's a hard decision he still clearly thinks about and probably regrets. It was a really nice moment to set the movie and... it was really sweet.

Also great soundtrack by Randy Newman. The Ballad of a Lonesome Cowboy was great and "I Won't Let You Throw Yourself Away" was SOOO funny. With Forky trying to throw himself out... I love Randy Newman's very literal songs throughout the franchise. They did a great job with the soundtrack.

I think that is everything I need to say about this movie... hope you guys like it!

TTFN!
-Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...