Monday, September 9, 2019

Movie Monday: Zootopia

Zootopia is maybe one of my favorite recent Disney Movies... I don't think I like it as much as Moana... but I think I like it more than Wreck it Ralph and it's a little funnier and more fun to watch than Frozen.

Fun fact: As of the time I'm writing this in April... this is my 2 year old niece's favorite Disney Movie. I guess its a kid friendly movie because I think kids love movies about animals... plus I think kids understand what cops are and it's just kind of cute and fun. Also I'm writing this in advance of when I'm posting it because Zootopia was just on tv and I don't own it... so I wanted to do a movie review of this as soon as I could!

I love the friendship between Judy and Nick and how it grows throughout the movie. It starts out as them just needing one another for something... and it ends with them kind of bringing the best in each other and them believing in each other. It's just genuinely sweet and cute.

The best thing about this movie is the nice message it sends about accepting everyone for who they are and learning on working together instead of against each other. In the world of Zootopia it's all different animals that have evolved to be able to live together. There are 2 different groups though "Predators" and "Prey" even though the Predators no longer eat the prey... they still have this title and a lot of sterotypes against them for being a predator or for being prey. Each of the species have prejudices against each other too. No one thinks Judy Hopps can be a police officer because she is a bunny, and no one trusts Nick Wilde because he is a "sneaky fox" that can't be trusted. It's just a nice message that is very well done.

My favorite scene is the scene where Judy and Nick go to the DMV and Judy has to deal with Flash the Sloth. It's a really funny moment... but we also get to see Judy being a very impatient rabbit that just needs to get the plates run as fast as she could and we see Flash just being a sloth... taking his time- it doesn't matter to him if she gets it quick or not. He's a sloth. It's so funny... but it does show why these animals need to work together and work with what they have.

So yeah, great movie... really funny and fun to watch... but it also has a great message. This is one of those movies I watch pretty much every time it's on and... I just really like it.

TTFN!
-Shannon

PS- I also like that this movie isn't a musical... but the song "Try Everything" by Gazelle AKA Shakira just works so well and fits into the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...