Monday, May 11, 2020

Movie Monday: The Princess Diaries

Now for my favorite live action Disney Movie- The Princess Diaries! I've seen this movie SEVERAL times as a kid... when I was a kid we had DirectTv for a little bit and they did something called All Day Ticket where they would just play movies that were just released on VHS or DVD all day long with just a few breaks in between to show trailers for the other movies on All Day Ticket. I pretty much watched this and My Big Fat Greek Wedding like all the time. I definitely watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding way more... but I still love this movie a lot and I really love the book series by Meg Cabot! The books are for teens and young adults and the last book was for adults. The books are a little less Disney friendly than the movie is- so... it's not totally family friendly... I would maybe say if you're a mom maybe read it yourself before giving it to kids under 13 maybe... but I read it at 11 and I think it was fine. 

ANYWAY this movie is something I think kids, teens and adults can enjoy. I really loved it at every stage of my life... I laughed SO MUCH when I watched this recently- it's like they crammed as many laughs as they could in the movie and... there really is some little joke every line of the movie pretty much. There's also a lot of heart in it between Mia, her mother and her grandmother. And Mia's friends too. 

My favorite part of the movie is when Mia has too much of the sorbet that is a palette cleanser between courses and its too cold for her and then the Prime Minister and his wife feel like they have to copy Mia so that she's not as embarrassed. It's so funny and I just can't stop laughing at that part! 

I also love how this movie is a great Girl Power movie with strong female characters and they show really great female friendships. I always love the relationship between Mia and Lilly because I feel like it's realistic. Mia and Lilly got into a couple fights in the movie that were pretty realistic fights that kind of made their friendship better... I really like the scene where Lilly tells Mia she wants her to be a Princess- I think that's sweet. It's just nice to see that kind of friendship in this movie. 

Also all of the locations in this movie are really fun. I've never been to San Fransisco- but there are so many really cool places that they show... plus Mia and her mom live in an abandoned fire house which is pretty awesome. It's just such a fun setting to tell this story and I really like that part of these movies too. 

So yeah years later as much as I'd love to see an interpretation of the book in film or television... I love this movie! This and Mary Poppins are my 2 favorite Disney Live Action movies... Julie Andrews is a treasure and I love her and everything she does... Definitely check this movie out sometime on Disney Plus! It is one of my favorite movies ever! 

Bye! 
-Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...