Monday, May 18, 2020

Movie Monday: Scoob

Okay, so obviously Scooby Doo is not a disney property- but it is a big part of my childhood so I thought doing a review of it on this blog would be better. 

Alright so when I watched this I really thought the movie was fun. At first it seemed like Daphnae, Fred and Vilma weren't really going to do anything... but then they did actually end up doing a lot and they were fun characters. The villains and the other characters were really fun too... but they weren't really Scooby Doo characters. 

So I don't know a lot about Hanna Barbera- but I did watch Wacky Races as a kid so I know Dick Dasterdly and his dog Mutley. I really like Wacky Races so I was really excited about this at first... I didn't even remember seeing that in the trailer so... it was a nice surprise for me... but then I thought about it... and the Scooby Doo series has a lot of good villains... so it seems weird that they didn't just pick one from Scooby Doo. I have a feeling they're planning for a bigger Hanna Barbera Cinematic Universe since that's the trend of movies these days... but they still could have used a Scooby Doo villain for the start of that. 

I also liked that they showed the origin story of how Scooby met Shaggy and how they met the rest of the gang... but that that wasn't the whole movie. Somehow I feel like they could do a direct to DVD prequel of the early scooby doo years in this universe... but idk I'm just making that up and they probably can't animate it as nicely. There is a scene in the credits that sets up a possible sequel... but who knows with the Pandemic and this not being widely released what the future of that will be. 

I think if you love Scooby Doo and you like Hanna Barbera cartoons- you'd probably love this movie. I have a 3 year old niece and I don't really think she would be interested in this movie- but I think maybe like 5 year olds and up would like it and I think it's fun for parents too. There were a lot of times in the movie where I genuinely laughed... plus the voice actors were all really good. 

So yeah... I would give this 3 out of 5 stars I think. It's just a fun movie that I think a lot of people will really like... and it's kind of the best thing offered at the time so... it's good because it's the only thing lol. I hope they make more of these movies and I would recommend it! 

Bye! 
-Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...