Saturday, December 12, 2020

Cozymas Day 6: The BEST Christmas Songs That Remind Me of Childhood

 Okay... so there are good Christmas songs, and then there are THE BEST Christmas songs and for me those are the ones that specifically remind me of my childhood. When those play- I can't help but smile and laugh. It's just... the best feeling. Sometimes I cry because sometimes Christmas Songs make me emotional... but I just really like these songs specifically. 

Alright so first and foremost... You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch by Thurl Ravenscroft. So I did some digging because I wasn't sure whether he did the music for it or if he did the singing- and he actually went uncredited for the vocals of this song. I think my mom thought it was Boris Karloff until today- when we saw it said Thurl Ravenscroft... which is an awesome name. He is also one of the singing Busts in The Haunted Mansion and did voices for several Disney movies and attractions. He also voiced Tony The Tiger for more than 50 years... which is insane. 

Anyway sorry... I'll post more of that on my Thurl Ravenscroft fan blog... anyway I really like this song- not just because of Thurl's iconic voice and amazing vocals... but it's just SO FUNNY! It's like a song full of one liners just dissing The Grinch for stealing Christmas... it's also a little mischievous and just a really fun song. It always makes me smile. 

Next up is Silver and Gold by Burl Ives... and really any of the songs by Burl Ive's from Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer. This song I think is my favorite just because I think Yukon Cornelius is my favorite character. Plus I love Christmas Trees and the silver and gold decorations are very pretty. And it's just kind of a nice side song from the main plot of the movie. Holly Jolly Christmas also makes me happy... but Silver and Gold is my favorite. 

Next up I think my favorite version of All I Want For Christmas Is You is not ACTUALLY the Mariah Carey version... but it is ACTUALLY the version from Love Actually... I just really like that movie and the girl singing it was so young at the time and so talented I was just really happy for her. She got to perform on Oprah and everything. It's great. She's probably older than me now... I guess she was older than me then also but still... it's cute and it just makes me excited. We play that version at the store I work at and it makes me happy. 

And I think Michael Buble's Jingle Bells is my favorite version of Jingle Bells. I like his songs a lot... but Jingle Bells by him just sounds fun and it's just a good one. It doesn't really remind me of being a kid- but it kind of makes me feel like a kid. 

Also... basically any song from a cartoon or anything. They just make me happy. Marley and Marley from Muppet Christmas Carol, It Feels Like Christmas from Muppet Christmas Carol, the songs from Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol... there are so many good ones. Where are you Christmas is a good one from the Jim Carey Grinch... that's not a favorite song of mine really- but I know a lot of people who have that as their favorite Christmas song. Believe from Josh Groban is a good song... but it's not one of my favorites. I don't love the movie The Polar Express... so yeah. 

Ohhh Feliz Navidad is also a fun song. I always get happy when I hear that one. I heard it today and I love it lol. 

TTFN 

-Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...