Monday, December 14, 2020

Cozymas Day 7: Christmas In Other Places... Disney and New York

 I'm a little sad because I usually went to New York at Christmastime at least once a year since my niece was born... and we missed it last year and we aren't going this year... so it's a little bit sad. 

And while it's not that far and I know a lot of people have experienced it... or maybe something like it... but it's something a little different I thought I could talk about. 

So we try to go to Macy's to see Santa- at least every year since my niece was born and it's really cute. They have a Santaland set up- so it really looks like you're going to the North Pole- which is really fun. And you can get a Button that says "I Met Santa" which is really cute too. It's just a fun experience and all the elves working there are very nice, helpful and keep the spirit alive. Of corse they know Santa's sleigh runs on Christmas Spirit and believing in Santa so they make sure everyone believes in Santa. It's really nice. 

And then usually we go to the Christmas Markets after- which are really fun too. I got a nice hat from The Strand there and some stickers of David Bowie and Lin Manuel Miranda... which are really cool and I still have them on my laptop! 

That's pretty much everything. One year we went on the train- and that was really fun because my niece loved trains at the time and she was so excited the whole ride up to see Santa- and we got some fun family pictures. 

It's been a while since I've seen the Rockafellar City Christmas Tree or the Christmas Show. The last time I saw the tree was in college and that was a lot of fun. I also went to the city with my boyfriend a couple of years ago and that was fun too. We went to a book store that he liked and the Disney Store and a pop up Rilakkuma store. It was really fun to see everything at christmastime even if we didn't do anything christmas-y. 

And then the time I went to Disney like right before Thanksgiving! This was for my Senior Trip in High School and it was really fun! Each of the parks had a really nice tree display. I didn't actually see it- but the Osborne family Spectacle of lights was at Downtown Disney(before Disney Springs) and that was fun. 

It was also fun to see the Lights on the Castle and all the stores with their holiday merch. I really had fun and there was some extra magic even though we didn't do the Christmas Party and they didn't have all of the same offerings that they have in recent years. 

Okay- so that is my experience with Christmas in other places. There's something pretty magical about it! 

Bye! 

-Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...