Monday, April 29, 2019

Marvel Monday: Infinity War Review

So I think every Monday I'll watch one of my Disney DVDs or Blu Rays and I'll review them here. Every OTHER Monday- I'll do a Marvel Monday. I might run out of Marvel Movies before Disney Movies however... so we'll see what happens.

So as I'm writing this- I have not seen Endgame yet... but I am seeing it today- so my review on Endgame will be my next post... but right now we have my thoughts on Infinity War.

I've seen this movie multiple times... but this was my first time seeing it with someone else. I watched it with my boyfriend Aspen... and that made it a little more fun. I feel like we noticed different things about it. He noticed the differences in tones while the scenes were transitioning. I realized that Peter Parker is Spider Man and Peter Quill is Starlord. That's 2 Peter's in one movie!

Just kidding... but back to my favorite thing... which I did notice before but... it's better having someone to confirm my notion... The transitions between characters includes a change in tone of the movie. When Iron Man is on screen we have a tone more similar to The Avengers... then we hear 80s music and suddenly we're in space and in a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. The Russo Brothers did a great job of showing how all these characters come together... but also respecting the individual movies that the characters came from and their individual arcs. Guardians of the Galaxy's movies always deal with father-child relationships... this movie includes that greatly. Captain America and Iron Man both deal with themes of War I would say... I've only ever seen Iron Man 3... but I know Tony Stark invented weapons used on both sides of war and that's how he became rich. Captain America was a soldier ready to fight in the war and then became a supersoldier... so very war themed... This movie is literally called Infinity War... so those are represented too. This movie is great because it really does show each of them struggling with their own issues... they just showed how that all came together really well.

My favorite part of the movie is when the Guardians of the Galaxy go after Thanos when he gets the reality stone. I think the reality stone is just my favorite because you never really know what's real or not in the scene... and it just showed how well they all worked together and how well they all knew each other. They knew Drax wouldn't be able to stop himself against Thanos. Thanos knew Starlord wouldn't be able to kill Gamora. Plus I like how Drax and Mantis fall apart in the scene... it's just a cool scene that I love every time I watch it. Plus... it shows how badass Mantis' powers really are... which brings me to my other favorite part!

The scene where everyone teams up and they ALMOST get the Infinity Gauntlet off of Thanos... and then Starlord ruins it. I feel like this shows how strong the Avengers are... I mean together they were almost able to get it off. But it also shows that they are human. Mantis wasn't really strong enough to hold on that long (although technically she isn't human)- Starlord's emotions were also human and they are what end up ruining this plan. I don't really blame Starlord for this either... I think this gives him a stronger character arc and... I feel like any of the Avengers would feel the same way had their loved one been killed to get a stone.

I also feel like the human sides of the Avengers do make them stronger... which is how I think they were able to strategize how to fight Thanos in the first place. I always use the end of Doctor Strange as an example of the Avengers regular abilities are just as strong as their superpowers. Sure Dr. Strange has the superpower to use the time loop... but I feel like it's his human-nature abilities and his brain that made him come up with the idea to use the time loop to annoy someone to death in the first place. That's a cool thing too... kind of a side note... but this is why I like the Marvel Movies so much.

One criticism I do have about this movie is Wakanda... I feel like it was underused. I preferred the scenes in Space and the actual battles between the Avengers and Thanos... I didn't really need to see The Battle of Wakanda... Other than the parts with Wanda, Vision and Thanos and then the snap... the battle itself was just sort of backround noise. A little lackluster.

That is everything for now... I hope you guys like this movie. My next post will be my Endgame Review and next Monday I'll have a review on Ralph Breaks The Internet... so I hope you guys like this!

TTFN!
-Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...