Saturday, May 4, 2019

Everything I know about Star Wars Galaxy's Edge!

Happy Star Wars Day everyone! Today I had to talk about Star Wars Galaxy's Edge! This is opening this month in Disneyland and in August for Walt Disney World.

There are a lot of technical aspects about getting into the land that I don't know a lot about. I know Disneyland has a reservation system that I'm not exactly sure about. I don't think Walt Disney World has that same reservation system as of yet... I'm sure if you are going to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge... you can probably tell more about it than I can. I also know that there's no Fastpass for the ride that is opening yet. Not sure if and when they will do that... but right now there's no fastpasses for Star Wars Galaxy's Edge.

This land is probably going to be the most themed land yet. You're really going to feel like you are going to be a part of the Star Wars Story. In the Millennium Falcon Smuggler's Run ride you actually board the Millennium Falcon and you will be able to fly it and have a mission that you could pass or fail. And the end of the ride will show the falcon in good shape if you pass, or in rough shape if you failed. And with your magic band- the cast members at the park will interact with you based off of that. It sounds really fun and kind of cool too.

Plus the ride has a really advanced Animatronic named Hondo Ohnaka- a Space Pirate that I think gives you your mission... he really looks like a Cast Member in a costume... but he's an animatronic... which is pretty awesome.

There's also a Play Disney Parks App that will give you missions to follow and play inside of the land. This sounds like a fun idea for kids... maybe for when you're waiting in line. Personally... I'm not sure how much I would want to be on my phone at a theme park... but that's just me. Maybe this will make the wait go so much faster for you guys!

They have Coke and Water Bottles themed to the land. They have the star  wars writing on the bottles and the Coke Bottles are shaped kind of like BB8. This is a little detail they didn't really need to do... but I think it is super, super fun that they did that. It would be kind of fun to see them do this in other lands too. I'm not sure how- but it'd be fun if they had Toy Story or Pixar themed coke bottles anywhere.

They have a few dining options too. They're all quick service- but they have a lot of detail to them. Oga's Cantina will make you feel like you're in the Cantina from the movie... and that sounds like a lot of fun. They have another location too that I believe is like a kiosk... but it has more detail to it than most. And they'll have a popcorn location... which sounds great too! I think it has some spicy, sweet popcorn options... which is my favorite type of flavor combo.

The Rise of The Resistance Ride sounds amazing... but it will not open with the land itself. I believe it is Disney's Longest Attraction and it has a trackless ride system that pulls you through a lot of stuff... it sounds like it will be incredibly detailed and advanced and really fun. This one sounds incredible and I'm looking forward to knowing what it's like!

The land itself sounds incredible- even if you can't get on the ride... it seems like there's a lot to explore, a lot to eat and a lot to do.

May The Force Be With You!
-Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...