Monday, May 6, 2019

Movie Monday: Ralph Breaks The Internet

So every other week I'm going to watch a Disney movie and talk about it on this blog... and obviously I needed to start off with the movie that inspired this blog's name: Ralph Breaks The Internet! I know it's kind of strange to start these movie Monday's with a sequel... but this seemed the best way to start off this series of posts.

This movie is a very fun and funny sequel to Wreck It Ralph... and I think I like this one better. I like that this is more about Vanellope... and I really love all of the easter eggs and cameos from other Disney Characters... especially the cozy princesses.


One thing I noticed on the second viewing of this movie... IS THIS A MARVEL MOVIE? Sure we see Iron Man and Groot, but we also see Stan Lee and there are 2 post credits scenes... so that sounds like a Marvel Movie to me! Where were Ralph and Vanellope in the Infinity War?

It also does feel like an Infinity War level crossover with the Disney Princesses. This is the first feature length theatrical Disney Movie to include this many characters together... and the Princesses end up saving Ralph at the end... so that's super cool too.

The other thing I like about this movie is that the hero is the villain! Ralph started the virus based on his insecurities... but he saved himself and the internet at the end by addressing those insecurities and letting go. It was a good character arc for Ralph.

Vanellope's Princess song is also one of my favorite moments... especially the pop version of it at the end. It just really makes me laugh. I love it.

I also really liked the new characters. Knowsmore, Shank, Yess, The Pop Ups... all super funny and they were all great additions to this movie. The bad part about this however is that some of the characters from the original, like Felix and Calhoun- were almost non existant in the movie. They adopt the racers and then they check back in on the gang at the end for a joke... and that is it. I loved the new characters... but the old ones felt pushed out.

So this is one of my favorite recent disney movies... it's a really fun one and I had a great time seeing it in theaters and on this second viewing right now.

TTFN!
-Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...