Monday, May 13, 2019

Marvel Monday: The Avengers

I remember seeing the first Avengers movie in theaters. I hadn't liked any of the Marvel movies leading up to The Avengers at the time... well I saw Iron Man and didn't like it and I never gave anything else a chance at first... but I thought The Avengers looked good because it was all of them together... and that just seemed more exciting to me than their solo movies. And... they have a Hulk.

After seeing Endgame... this movie is really fun to watch! We did revisit the events in the first Avengers in Endgame and it was kind of fun to see everyone's first interactions with each other. They didn't get along... and the Tesseract kind of fueled off of that too. It is kind of a theme that they disagree- particularly Steve Rogers and Tony Stark... but they all fight well together and they do a great job. It was also fun to see Loki as a villain... I love Loki- but I do kind of miss his character as a villain! He destroyed New York and killed a lot of people though... so that's bad.

Another fun thing is the relationship between Natasha and Clint. Without spoiling Endgame... this is kind of the heart of their character arcs in the movie and I feel like in the series it is one of my favorite parts of all the Avengers movies. In this movie and in Age of Ultron... I really think their relationship kind of grounds the group. I thought it was a romantic love when I first saw this movie... but I like how it ended up as more of a brother/sister type of love. The series does a good job of showing how they always care about each other and they'll always be there for each other.

That's actually all I have to say right now. Overall great movie- really fun to watch especially after you just see the conclusion of this saga in Endgame. I can't wait to watch Age of Ultron for the next Marvel Monday!

TTFN!
-Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...