Monday, May 25, 2020

Movie Monday: A Goofy Movie

So I actually watched this movie a while ago and... I have a funny story to go with this. So when I was a kid A Goofy Movie was always the VHS tape I found when I was cleaning my rooms. I had all of my VHS tapes on top of my dresser and they would kind of fall on the floor behind that and it was a tall dresser so it was hard to get out. Anyway that was always what I'd find and I would watch it once I found it. Flash Forward 10-20 years later... I got the DVD and I put it out in the living room so that my mom could watch it with my niece if she wanted. My niece is 3 and sometimes makes a mess of things so she must have pushed it behind the TV when she was coming over- and of corse this was in the hardest spot to get to... so somehow I always have to clean before watching A Goofy Movie. 

So aside from that... I love this movie. I really like Goofy- but Max and his friends are fun to watch too. Plus Powerline is great... I just think this is a great movie. So if you've never seen the movie before- Max is kind of having trouble towards the end of the school year. There's this girl he likes that he tries to get to notice him by dressing up as powerline and taking over an assembly and he gets in trouble... and then Goofy is scared he'll end up in jail one day so he takes him on a road trip because he thinks thats the best thing for him. 

And Goofy on a road trip is just about the funniest thing ever. Plus he's doing things that are a little bit too young for Max- so Max just thinks everything is uncool... and he wants to try to get his dad to go to a Powerline concert because he told the kids at school that that was what he was doing cause he thought it sounded cooler than the fact that he was going on a road trip... it all ends up really good. 

I think all of the characters in this movie are a lot of fun too. They show quite a few babies and little kids and they're all super cute and idk. It's just well designed so that it does look like the world that Goofy lives in- but it's still different looking from Mickey Mouse or Duck Tales and Donald Duck. Its just really interesting I just like it a lot. 

So yeah the music is great- the jokes are all quotable... it's just great overall. I really liked seeing this movie- I loved Big Foot. It's a really fun movie. If you've never seen it it is on Disney Plus and the DVD was like $3 at Target I think. I'm sure now it's different I picked it up a long time ago but I like it a lot and I'll continue watching it when I need to clean my room. 

So yeah! I wanted to do Marvel Monday too... but I didn't do a Disney Blog last week for Movie Monday so... yeah. 

TTFN! 
-Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...