Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Animal Crossing: Using Amiibo Cards to Get New Villagers

Best village ever! 


Okay- so this is something I didn't think I would try. I've seen people post that Amiibo cards are a super easy way to move out villagers and get your favorites on your island. I had also seen a lot of the more popular villagers amiibo cards going for a lot of actual money on amazon and... no I'm not going for that. I think I've heard that Nintendo did see this and they are now making new amiibo cards and I think they released them in Japan... but I'm not that patient and as I got more people on my island I started to kind of realize that there was one villager I really wanted and one that I didn't necessarily want initially but I just kinda realized she fit into my island really well... so I thought "since these amiibo cards exist I should pick her up too. 

And I just kind of was looking at what other animal crossing stuff etsy was selling when I saw these beautiful hand drawn cards from a shop called FrostandOrchid and I thought "You know what. I might as well order these." So I got Julian, who is probably my favorite villager because he's a unicorn... and I like unicorns a lot and my niece is obsessed with unicorns so... I felt like Unicorns were a good idea. I also got Cherry because my Island needed both a dog and a Sisterly villager. Bea left, and I really liked Bea but I wanted to change things up a bit... and I got Tia who is a Normal personality type so I was good on my normal villagers- but I still need a dog on my island. My island name is Spencario after my dog and the flag (because I can't do custom flags) is paw prints... so really a dog needs to be on Spencario. I also needed a new Sisterly villager because Sylvia left... and Cherry is just super cool looking and I loved the way she looked in this drawing! 

And inviting them to the island wasn't hard. So you need to go to resident services. I think in order to do this you need to have the upgraded resident services and you definitely need the campsite. On the little machine where you pay off your loans and access your nook miles- there's a button that says "Invite A Camper" but the A is an amiibo symbol. You hit that- yes you want to invite an amiibo camper. Next is the part I thought would be tricky- but these cards made it really easy. These cards are kind of plasticy- like a credit card type of feel to them and there's a little sticker on the back. You just hold that sticker to the joystick part of your right joycon and it reads the amiibo! The character will then show up on screen saying their catchphrase and right after that they go to the campsite. 

So you have to go to your campsite and talk to them a few times. They'll ask you to craft a souvenir for them to take home because "they're leaving tomorrow" and if you don't have the diy recipe for what they want you to craft- they'll give you the recipe! Then they're in right? Nope! You have to invite them back the next day...and a third day to get them in! So it's a good way to get some DIY recipes if you need them and its a bit of a challenge but they'll move in and kick out whoever you want guaranteed. 

So you have to invite them to the campsite 3 days in a row because they go back home after the first day. I time traveled for mine because then I'll remember and I can just get them moved in quick. This should affect anything too much- but if you have turnips I'd recommend going to Timmy and Tommy and checking the prices because if you travel back to the present after that prices might change. 

And if you want to just move them in right away and have their regular house- the villager you kick out will be packing immediately when you invite the amiibo character in... and then the next day the house will have a sold sign, the following day Isabelle will say there's a new friend on the island and they'll be unpacking their boxes... and then after that you'll get to see them enjoying the island life and see what their houses look like which is really cool. You may even get to see them sing or something. It's really fun. 

So yeah I had a lot of fun with this and even though I'm happy with how my island is right now- I'd sort of like to have one house open for changing out villagers. I love Merry- but I think she's the one I'm going to change out from time to time... so I did buy some more Amiibo Cards including Merry's. I don't think I'll be inviting anyone in the campsite anytime soon... but I like to have options to change people out so... I ordered some more from the same shop. I got Merry, Bob, Marshal, Marina and Fuchsia... so that should be fun to kind of play around with different villagers but still return to some of the ones I love. There's no one else who I would really switch out unless its Cherry since I have an amiibo card for her too. Plus I think all of the villagers I have on are like the best of their personality type. Julian is my favorite overall and favorite Smug Villager, I also like Colton and I like having the 2 together on the island so they're both staying. Hamlet is my favorite Hamster and my favorite Jock villager- so he has to stay. Stitches is probably the cutest villager overall and my favorite lazy villager. Judy is a new villager with no amiibo so... I need her to stay. She is also my only snooty villager. Admiral is my favorite Grumpy villager...Anicotti is my best friend on the island... and Tia just has the coolest design ever. So I'm super happy with everyone living there- but now I have the option to switch back and forth between villagers, I could still go villager hunting if I'd like to and... yeah! I like having strong friendships with everyone- so that's the one thing that's kind of like "ehh" cause if I have a friendship with Merry and she moves out and then I move her back in... we won't have the same friendship when she moves back in... but that's okay. that's part of the fun of the game right? 

But also side note- Merry has the cutest friendship poster because she covers up her double chin. I have no friendship posters yet- so... hopefully soon. 

So here are some pictures of my friendship with Julian because it's amazing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...