Monday, July 20, 2020

Movie Monday: Hamilton- An American Musical

Alright guys... so I wasn't sure which blog to put this on- but since it is on Disney Plus- I felt like it had to be this blog... and you guys should know I love the musical Hamilton... so this is kind of my favorite movie ever... 

Anyway this is the original production- it was filmed shortly after Jonathan Groff had left- but they brought him back to reprise his role of King George for filming and... they did a really great job with the musical. 

I'm glad that they didn't turn it into an actual movie- I guess they could still do that... but I think seeing the stage is very important because there are a lot of layers to the story of Hamilton other than it just being about Alexander Hamilton... and the Stage and the choreography really add to the story also being about Rap and Music. There's a turntable on the stage which I think is really important... it's just great. 

I've seen the stage production of the show and I would say to see that if you can when you can because it's just a really incredible thing to witness onstage and it is 100% worth it. I feel like I might buy tickets again whenever I can. But this is a really great recording of it and the whole cast did such a great job. I loved the cast that I saw when I went to see Hamilton- but it was fun to see Lin Manuel Miranda in the role and I don't really know if you can get a better Lafayette/Jefferson than Daveed Diggs. 

And I cried a lot during the real play... and I cried a lot when I watched this too. I think I've seen it 3 and a half times now... maybe 4 and a half I forget... but not every scene gets me every time... but I do pretty much always tear up at the end. And when I saw the play I cried a whole lot- especially at the end. It just really pulled at the heartstrings in an amazing way! 

So yeah definitely check this out! I definitely will at least 100 more times... It is just my favorite! 

Bye! 
-Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...