Sunday, December 20, 2020

Cozymas Day 10: That Time I Went To New York On Christmas To See Elf The Musical

 Okay so when Elf the Musical first came out my sister and I really wanted to see it but we had trouble finding tickets... but my sister was able to buy some ON CHRISTMAS DAY! 

So that was a bit of a weird Christmas. I was still at home in the morning and got to spend time with my family and open my presents... but then we went on a train and went to New York and spent Christmas there! 

So it was just me and my sister and we ate at Times Square... and it was kind of bizarre to see the city with no people! When the shutdown first happened this year and they showed the empty streets of New York it reminded me of seeing what it looked like on Christmas Day. It wasn't that empty of corse... but there weren't many people when we looked outside the restaurant. 

And the restaurant we went to was really good. My sister found something that had Chicken and Waffles on the menu so that we could eat Chicken and Waffles for Christmas... it was really really good. 

And then we went to the play which was amazing! I saw Elf the first and second year that it was on Broadway and Both of the Buddy's were amazing! The music was really great and seeing it on Christmas was really nice and magical. I don't know that I'd ever see a musical on Christmas again... but it was a fun experience and I totally forgot to talk about this in my last post about New York at Christmas. 

It was especially good that we went out this Christmas because there was a HUGE BLIZZARD in New Jersey and I didn't get out anywhere for the next week because my street is always the last to get plowed and the last to get power after a power outage. All my friends were hanging out and they were like "Sorry we can't pick you up because of the snow." So... it sucked. So I was glad to at least get one day out of the house. 

OHHH And I should mention that they had specialty drinks there too! I was under 21 the first time I saw it and they could make all the drinks non alcoholic so I had a drink called the Swirly Twirly Gumdrop... which I kind of want to make at home. I forget what it had in it... but the next time I went I was over 21 and had the alcoholic version and that was great also! 

Bye! 

-Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...