Friday, December 18, 2020

Cozymas Day 9: Godmothered Movie Review

 Okay... so Godmothered. Did I like this movie? Yes. Did it make that much sense... No. Was it a Christmas Movie? Weirdly it didn't seem like one but it kind of was? Let's talk about this. 

So Jillian Bell plays Eleanor- an up and coming fairy Godmother that... is both an over achiever but not really liked by any of the other Fairy Godmothers. And I have to admit... I do not understand how the Fairy Godmother universe works in this movie. Maybe I missed something at the beginning... but I just don't get it? It makes it seem like kids write letters to fairy godmothers... and they just stopped so the Godmother world is in trouble but... as a kid I've never really thought "Hey I need a fairy Godmother" even with The Fairly Oddparents being a big thing... Idk it's just seemed weird. Anyway Eleanor finds a letter from a little girl named Mackenzie that as it turns out is an old letter that hasn't been seen. And Mackenzie is a grown up now and Eleanor still insists on helping her. 

So Mackenzie's kids instantly like Eleanor and she does help her out... although her magic skills aren't always the greatest. It's a cute movie that makes you feel good and the chemistry between Jillian Bell and Isla Fisher is really good. They both work really well off of each other and they're both just really funny. I thought they kind of made the movie. 

The Christmas background of this movie... didn't really add anything to the movie. I liked it- I like Boston and seeing it in the snow without having to walk in the snow is really really great. It... was a little weird that this is kind of a Christmas movie now... but it was alright. 

So overall... this is a good movie. I'd recommend watching it and I would watch it again but... it's not my favorite movie and I feel like it's a bit weird... So... those are my thoughts and I hope you like it! 

Bye! 

-Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...