Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Cozymas Day 8: The Best Movie Santas!

 Okay- so here is my list of the best movie Santas and which ones kind of help form my idea of Santa and The North Pole. This is in No Particular Order. 

1) Tim Allen The Santa Clause- It's funny because I kind of remember when this movie came out... I might have seen it in theaters although I was very little and I think I fell asleep... but I remember kind of thinking "Really? The guy from Home Improvement is Santa?" And he actually did a fantastic job. He's just kind of the perfect Santa! And it's funny because Scott Calvin is reluctant and then he takes the job and he really loves it. It's a funny movie to watch. 

I also like the world of this Santa Clause. I think the North Pole is really good... I love in the third movie when they have to pretend that it's Canada. I like that Santa sort of has a secret identity in Scott Calvin. It's a good concept! I like it a lot! 

2) Kurt Russel The Christmas Chronicles- This is another good way of showing Santa. He's not your traditional Jolly, Fat Santa Clause... he's a slim and somewhat grumpy santa... but he's still really good. You get to see how Santa gets to all the houses in one night- he has a magic hat! That's how I think it probably works. Plus the different time zones probably make it easier for Santa to figure out where he's going. The elves are really cute in this too and they speak their own language. This is just a fun, feel good movie. 

3) Ed Asner Elf- So this isn't really a Santa Clause movie... but this is how I think Santa's sleigh works. It runs on Christmas Spirit of corse and the end scene of this movie... it really gives you Christmas Spirit. My dad doesn't watch many movies or tv shows- but he even sits down if I'm watching this one- especially if it's at the end. So if it gives my dad Christmas Spirit... you know it's a good one! 

4) Mickey Rooney Santa Clause is Coming To Town- Okay... so I like this movie a lot... I don't think this is a good origin story for Santa Though. It all makes sense and it answers all the questions from the beginning of the movie which I think is great... but I feel like the ending... is a little lazy. They just say the  villains of the movie just die out over time and toys become legal... which is still kind of jarring for kids to hear I guess and... idk it's just kind of not the best. 

5) Anna Kendrick Noelle- I like this movie a lot! I really like Noelle as Santa... but... I'm not sure this is how I picture the North Pole. I really liked it- but there's a moment at the beginning of the movie where Noelle says she gets a Kringle Discount at stores in the North Pole... I don't think I like that. These small businesses in the North Pole could really be hurting because they're giving the people in charge a discount... seems off to me. I liked the joke and the  line... but thinking about it more it seems a little corrupt. Plus people are very against her being Santa and she clearly should be Santa so... idk. It's not exactly how I picture the North Pole... but it isn't a bad movie and she's not a bad santa. 

I could porbably talk about more... but these are 5 movies that came to mind... and I just thought I'd talk about them now! 

Bye! 

-Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL OF MY WANDAVISION THEORIES *SPOILERS*

 Okay... I've seen every episode of Wandavision at least twice. 1) I absolutely love it 2) I have some theories...  Alright I watch a LO...